The Man of Abundance
- Imagining abundant life. Imagination is life-giving.
- The man of abundance. What kind of king? The hidden king. The king among us. The measure of Christ’s giving. Taking Jesus seriously.
- Meeting the multitude. Feed my sheep. The hunger of the disciples. The friend who invites us to a feast. The Lord’s Supper.
The School of Faith
- The circle around the hearth as a school of faith. Jesus as mentor. Story as inheritance, as reflecting the creator. Enabling questions to be asked and answered. Small stories and a large narrative. More questions than answers, but the circle creates security. Understanding held within the group.
- Hearing the story, hearing through silence, learning a new language.
- Finding the story that relates to us. Ideas given through designation or revealed to the individual through quests. Source stories and sustaining images. A very human story, encompassing one world and a vast diversity. The story has a purpose.
- Rationalism and the story.
- Story as the meeting of extremes. Story, song, dance and drama. Ritual. Many-layered activities.
- Finding our way in the word. Finding the gospel, what is good news for us. The story God tells us about ourselves. The story renews us as we respond to it. As we hear it telling us a new story about ourselves. As we participate, become immersed in the story, become part of it.
- Are we fans, followers or disciples of Jesus? Discipleship has a particular purpose, method and content.
- What is the story we have to offer? Telling the story as good news, telling our story, part of mission. How do we go about doing it?
- Learning faith. A way of building faith. Jesus’ mission: building faith.
- What faith is. Explicit faith and implicit faith. Faith as foundation. Everyday faith. Common faith. Faith and feeling. Faith and how we feel about ourselves.
- Learning faith. Faith to give us life. Faith for sharing.
- Faith as a process. Faith as a way. As a way of descent. Faith and fear. Recognising the dynamic. The nature of fear. How fear works in us. Fears discovered and defined. A theology of fear. Fear is always there. Faith is always possible.
- The particular shape of our fear. Speaking to the source of our fear. Walking through our fear. Choosing faith, not fear.
- Cleansed by faith, living by faith, conveying faith. Faith for the journey. Faith that can grow. Faith that can expand, overflow.
- God keeps faith with us.
Praying As Jesus Prayed
- Praying as Jesus prayed. The Lord’s Prayer. Making the prayer our own. Head and heart.
- Finding my voice in prayer.
- God keeps faith with us. Kindling hope. Generating creativity. Praying without ceasing. Moving on. All flame. Always more.